Best Foods for Detoxing in 2016!

Almonds for Liver

shutterstock_97357556

The liver is one of the most crucial organs when it comes to living as it is this vital organ that is responsible for flushing out harmful toxins – which makes it a great candidate to begin your cleansing with. For the liver to (repair itself and) function at its full potential, it must get sufficient amounts of 1) protein – because protein is a quintessential component required for you to re-build damaged tissues and maintain immunity, 2) antioxidants – because they help eliminate free radicals harmful to the liver, and 3) healthy unsaturated fats – because they help reduce bad cholesterol in your body and aid in preventing harmful fatty deposits on your liver.

Conveniently, nuts are a great source that meets each of these requirements – plus the array of vitamins and minerals and fiber that come along are also fantastic. We suggest almonds because other nuts like Walnuts and Brazil Nuts are much higher in calories and in cholesterol (yes, good cholesterol but you still do not want to consume more than your body needs); their serving size is much lower compared to almonds and eating them more than the serving is quite easy.

Avocados for Digestive System

shutterstock_146681096

Avocados have become quite a trendy fruit in recent years – titled “superfood” by many dietitians –yet many are still unaware of its benefits. Avocado has shown to be a great natural way of reducing bad cholesterol (LDL) and is known to benefit brain’s functioning also; but the wonders it does on your stomach are even better. First, avocados are fairly high in fiber – anywhere from 9-17 grams depending on the size and origin. Next, it acts as an anti-inflammatory in your stomach and intestines allowing you to absorb significantly more nutrients from your meals. Lastly, eating it with meals can help reduce the spikes in your blood sugar; which will prevent you from enduring type-2 diabetes.

White Tea for Blocking Belly Fat and Weight Gain

shutterstock_72653404

Of all different teas in the market, white tea may be the one you haven’t tried yet. White tea, compared to other teas like black, green, and oolong, etc., is the least processed (and maintains more nutrition) and its the most aromatic of all. Like all teas, white tea has all the benefits like antiviral, antibacterial, anti-cancerous, and fat burning properties. But, what makes it better is that it’s significantly higher in nutrition and comes with a unique taste that you can enjoy without the addition of sugar and/or milk. Plus, it has much lower amounts of caffeine so you can have some towards the second half of the day.

Turmeric for Liver Detox

shutterstock_140598805

Turmeric is a spice not too many westerners are aware of. It’s mainly seen in South Asian cuisines – particularly in India. Turmeric is a very powerful natural healer – it is known to be a very strong painkiller and an anti-inflammatory ingredient; it can be of great benefit in tackling from something as basic as a headache or wound to helping to cope with severe conditions like Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, and Fibromyalgia.

Along with this, Turmeric serves as a great tool for detoxing your liver. Turmeric has also shown signs of eliminating cancerous cells from our system as well as preventing more to form. You can easily introduce turmeric to your diet by purchasing it in powdered form or as a supplement in pill form.

Asparagus for Hangover Cure

shutterstock_133571717

Asparagus cures hangovers by stimulating the enzymes alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) and acetaldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH)- which are responsible for breaking down ethanol in our livers. Although, eating asparagus works during the aftermath of the fun night, better results are seen when it is consumed prior to the escapades.

Collard Greens: Cholesterol Blocker and All Around Detox

shutterstock_215313352

Collard greens are usually the green leafy vegetables we tend to ignore on the dinner tables but maybe understanding its importance will change your attitude on them. Collard greens are packed with tons of antioxidants, amino acids, vitamins and minerals that play a crucial role in sustaining a healthy body. They are one of the best sources for not only blocking cholesterol to form in your system, but also helping in eliminating years of old deposits. Also, they appropriately aid your system in eliminating toxins from all over your body.

Lemon Water: All Around Detox

shutterstock_81290380

Lemon water is great for eliminating toxins from all over your body. It does so by helping improve digestion  and allows for more nutrients to be properly absorbed. It is best to have a glass of warm lemon water first thing in the morning , on an empty stomach even before the breakfast. Many sources on the web suggest that you limit your diet to lemon water to get the most benefits but we highly recommend that you do not try that; the body needs a wide variety of nutrients for it to function properly and limiting yourself to just lemon water will take away from your goal of remaining healthy.

Wild Salmon: Artery Clearer

shutterstock_197301296

Protein is quite important in helping you rid toxins from your body – but the source of protein also matters. Fish is a great alternative to heart-unfriendly meat options – the fat and cholesterol in fish are beneficial to the body; especially the heart. Generally speaking, fish would seem like an odd entity to display in an article about detoxifiers – since most fish contains mercury (which is very toxic for human bodies) – but certain fish like Wild Salmon, Summer Flounder, and Wild Tilapia contain less amounts of mercury and yield the greatest benefits when taken moderately. Currently, the FDA recommends that you consume no more than 12 ounces of fish per week to utilize the full benefits – keeping the accumulation of toxic mercury in check and still receiving the benefits from the nutrients.

We hope these natural items will help you attain a healthy lifestyle in the coming year. It should be kept in mind that these items work the best when you combine them with a clean diet, proper exercise, and the right amount of sleep. Keeping away from toxic preservative filled foods and drinking the right amount of water is a must. We would love for you to share your thoughts or any experience you may have had by using the items we have listed – all suggestions regarding the items we have failed to mention are also welcomed!

65 Comments

1. Becky Berger says:

Please send me any info. Relating health food and the reasons behind and/or risks.
    Thanks much, Becky

2. Nwani Emenike Marscellus says:

Thanks for enlightening us. Hopefully, I expecting more from you. Thanks once more.

3. The lemon water is great!

4. Okungbowa Cordilia says:

Should almond nuts be eaten raw or roasted?

• Hi.
      you can roast them and then chew them as nuts.
      you can smash them and add them in your meat soup…

there are lots of recipes… just be creative.

• I like to roast it, on a pan with soya and other nuts.

But i belived that raw is the healthyest choise. 👍🏻

• Soak 5 almonds overnight in water. Peel off the skin first thing in the morning and eat the almonds. This is the best way to consume almonds. The skin is supposed to have high amounts of cholesterol in it.

• Cholesterol is only in something that walked, swam, or flew. That a nut from a tree or its skin has cholesterol, is simply impossible.
          Please search to verify for yourself but, I promise the skin has no cholesterol.

5. Trevor Whittaker says:

Yea:madam;food for Detoxing;is verey Educational; very please with the App:

6. Trevor Whittaker says:

Hope:Venus Williams:see this;Love you girl:Venus:$:

7. Almonds and nuts ….
    Put it in bowl full of water and leave it for night. Next day pilloff its skin and eat.

8. Soak almonds ovenight and eat

9. plz…tell me some tips for height growth

10. durga devi says:

Pls…. Tell me tips for me
    My problem iam borning with my child and sesariyan after my stomache is not lessing weight big stomache.

11. Please where is that application I need it pls.

12. Hi. Thanks for the list but I see alot of wonder foods are left out. Garlic does more than all the above combined, onions too are wow etc. Can share other organic foods esp from Africa.

13. U ve got a very good page for all people. Tanks

14. Thanks for ADvoice

15. safiya tani umaru says:

Great I love that piece of information.

16. Interested apps, I really needed this info..

17. Interested apps, I was really in need of this info ad I hope it going to give back my shape

18. Darin information.

19. Suparna Sankaran says:

Very informative and useful

20. Use full apps. And healthy food tips.

21. Good enveromental atmospher

22. chiran Longjam says:

This page is of a blessing one indeed. Hundred of thanks I would give for the same.

23. I love this.really need to lose this weight especially on the stomach area.hint of a very rapid procedure will be appreciated. Thanks so much.

24. I love this.really need to lose this weight especially on the stomach area.hint of a very rapid procedure will be appreciated. Thanks so much.

25. Sinae mwanza says:

Keep posting me ,I love your topics and I love loosing weight .

26. You are doing great. Pls more tips on foods for brain development. Thank you

27. Thanks for the information and the enlightenment. Very impressive. kindly send more articles relating to health and keeping healthy. looking forward to reading more from you. Cheers! says:

Thanks for the information and the enlightenment. Very impressive. Kindly send more articles relating to health issues and keeping healthy.
    Looking forward to reading more from you. Cheers!
    Roseline.

28. nnenna blessing says:

Ur tips about food and health is very helpful.especially d lemon water.does wonders for cleansing d system.

29. Funmilayo Petgrace says:

What do I do to loose weight fast.

30. fatimaMuhammad says:

Very interesting little lecture I enjoy it

31. eccadiz@yahoo.com says:

everything about health tips is extremely amazing!!!!

32. if you have chance to share more about the practices and health benefits of yoga,i would be more glad and excited to read it . …thanks and more power.

33. Thanks so much for this enlightenment. One Love!

34. Wider full information keep it up

35. lemon water is very great

36. I like these infirmation on sleeping side andthose fruits and vegetables.

37. Dr A S Rangarajan says:

ALL COLORED LEAFY FRUITS AND VEGETABLES AND ALL NUTS COLORED BERRIES,AND SPICES IS A MUST IN YOUR DIET.BROWN RICE, QUINOA, ALL MILLETS are rich source for high fibre and the former for trace elements and has powerful antioxidants, which is a powerful clensing agent for your entire body.

38. Best tipe thank you

39. Message Hw can i prepare d lemon water?

40. Chandra Shekar says:

Good one. Would like to get info like this. Thank you.

41. LENIN KELETSO DHLIWAYO says:

Thanks for the tips. A healthy body means a healthy mind leading to a cleaner conscience to make a better world. Praise God!

42. A plus for tumeric. Very good health benefit.

43. chinaza veronica says:

thanks for the tips,am happy because I have got

ten solution to my belly fat.

44. Very careful with lemon and garlic, if you have any stomach or digesting problem. Could be very dangerous. I am talking out of personal experience.

45. Message is cocoa beneficial for my health

46. Odumeru Adejoke says:

Can u pls hint me what I nid do to loose my stomach fat.thanks.

47. Garlic is one of nature’s best gifts, with a proven resume of numerous benefits, eliminating need for excessive supplements. When crushed, garlic releases allicin compound (gives its strong aroma). Garlic enters body from digestive tract, travels thru body. Boosts immune system, reduces LDL cholesterol, has antioxidants that protect against cell damage and aging, may help prevent Alzheimer’s, heart-related issues and more. For extended benefit info, go to: authoritynutrition.com/11-proven-health-benefits-of-garlic/. BTW, to avoid waste, I smash garlic cloves & keep them fresher longer in tight-lid jar in cabinet by adding EVOO & a little of my fav fresh herbs. The garlic becomes almost cooked & delicious enough to eat right from the jar. (I remove labels, wash toroughly & reuse small, pretty jam jars.) If you’re a garlic lover, u won’t be disappointed; if u r not, this method plus garlic benefits will help u see the wonders of this awesome veg & get u hooked 4 life, in this case, a great addiction!

48. very cool app. please give me the full app address. it is so so cool.

49. how do I get to make my belly flat

50. pls what about taking the lemon without mixing it with water

51. Shalini Monga says:

My upper abdomen is coming out. I cannot do vigorous exercise since i am a multiple sclerosis patient. Could u pls suggest what should i eat to trim it. I am on rebif injections since 12 yrs

52. Its great to hear from you its helping indeed.give us more for healthier.keep it up.

53. Every day, I drink a bottle of “juice” I make with rhe following ingredients: green tea, sliced lemons, ground ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, honey and chia seeds. It’s delicious, and i assume from everthing I’ve read about all this stuff that it’s very healthy and detoxifying, but as I just made the concoction up myself, Id be interested in hearing from a nutrition expert what they think.

54. Hi this is a fantastic healthy food list. I wonder if natural honey is added.
    Thx